Dynamic, growing machine learning software company seeks curious, talented, and passionate teammates.
Who is CoVar?
We are a small band of researchers, engineers, and software developers who love what we do and are looking for others to join us. We are at the cutting edge of machine learning and computer vision and constantly striving to understand more and do more. We conduct research and develop software products for many different customers. Some of our customers look to us to find bad guys and bad things in military sensor data—helping to keep our nation and our servicemembers safe. Other customers need help finding new cures for diseases hidden across existing biomedical databases—saving the lives of those stricken with rare diseases. And other customers use our products to monitor machinery and workers in the energy sector, preventing injuries and environmental catastrophes. We stop bad stuff from happening.
What is it like to work with us?
Every one of us is absolutely passionate about what we do, and this passion is infectious. We love to debate new ideas on their merits—our white boards are constantly in use. We love to see if our ideas will work and are constantly experimenting, prototyping, and tweaking. We enjoy working on a variety of projects—which makes it fun to have many customers with varied problems. Some of our work is heady research, some is fast-paced product development. The most interesting projects are both.
Who are we looking for?
We’d like to grow our team with motivated, detailed-oriented software engineers who:
- Have a B.S. degree in a field relevant to computer science, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience; or M.S. degree in relevant field
- Have a working knowledge of C#
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Python
- Are customer service oriented; excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Have experience with software development processes, including version control, documentation, code review, and testing
- Are familiar with MATLAB®
Bonus point for:
- Web application development
- Linux application development
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technologies
- Experience with standard signal processing techniques, pattern recognition, image processing, and/or machine learning techniques
- Experience with real-time, computationally-focused application development
We are hiring in Durham, NC, and are looking for folks who are eligible for a security clearance.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, cash bonus, and equity structure
- 401k with employer contributions
- Excellent health care coverage, including dental and vision plans
- Flexible work schedule
- Rewarding, varied, and intellectually stimulating work
- Non-hierarchical and inclusive environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer—wherever you are in your career
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org