Dynamic, growing machine learning software company seeks experienced project manager to lead research & development project efforts.
Who is CoVar?
We are a small band of researchers, engineers, and software developers who love what we do and are looking for others to join us. We are at the cutting edge of machine learning and computer vision and constantly striving to understand more and do more. We conduct research and develop software products for many different customers. Some of our customers look to us to find bad guys and bad things in military sensor data—helping to keep our nation and our servicemembers safe. Other customers need help finding new cures for diseases hidden across existing biomedical databases—saving the lives of those stricken with rare diseases. And other customers use our products to monitor machinery and workers in the energy sector, preventing injuries and environmental catastrophes. We stop bad stuff from happening.
What is it like to work with us?
Every one of us is absolutely passionate about what we do, and this passion is infectious. We love to debate new ideas on their merits—our white boards are constantly in use. We love to see if our ideas will work and are constantly experimenting, prototyping, and tweaking. We enjoy working on a variety of projects—which makes it fun to have many customers with varied problems. Some of our work is heady research, some is fast-paced product development. The most interesting projects are both.
Who are we looking for?
We’d like to grow our project management team with a project manager who is:
- Passionate about leading high performance teams to achieve R&D project goals
- Well-versed in project management principles and practices
- Skilled with project management tools and techniques
- Experienced in effectively tailoring project management processes to project needs
- Understands software development processes
- Excellent at communicating with the technical team, stakeholders, and customers
Typical job responsibilities:
- Plan project tasks/schedule, cost, and technical performance throughout project lifecycle (from proposal to delivery and project closeout)
- Identify, monitor and report on project internal & external dependencies, as necessary
- Track project milestones, deliverables and change requests
- Own the project risk & opportunity register
- Assist technical team in eliciting, documenting and maintaining project requirements
- Lead recurring project status meetings, with internal and external attendees
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Work with leadership to identify resources needs and develop staffing plans
Preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) software development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations
We are hiring in Durham, NC, and are looking for folks who are eligible for security clearances.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, cash bonus, and equity structure
- 401k with employer contributions
- Excellent health care coverage, including dental and vision plans
- Flexible work schedule
- Rewarding, varied, and intellectually stimulating work
- Non-hierarchical and inclusive environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow — wherever you are in your career
- Re-location expenses
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org