Dynamic, growing machine learning software company seeks curious, talented, and passionate teammates.
Who is CoVar?
We are a small band of researchers, engineers, and software developers who love what we do and are looking for others to join us. We are at the cutting edge of machine learning and computer vision and constantly striving to understand more and do more. We conduct research and develop software products for many different customers. Some of our customers look to us to find bad guys and bad things in military sensor data—helping to keep our nation and our servicemembers safe. Other customers need help finding new cures for diseases hidden across existing biomedical databases—saving the lives of those stricken with rare diseases. And other customers use our products to monitor machinery and workers in the energy sector, preventing injuries and environmental catastrophes. We stop bad stuff from happening.
What is it like to work with us?
Every one of us is absolutely passionate about what we do, and this passion is infectious. We love to debate new ideas on their merits—our white boards are constantly in use. We love to see if our ideas will work and are constantly experimenting, prototyping, and tweaking. We enjoy working on a variety of projects—which makes it fun to have many customers with varied problems. Some of our work is heady research, some is fast-paced product development. The most interesting projects are both.
What is CoVar's internship program?
CoVar maintains an active rolling internship program, seeking undergraduate students who wish to broaden their skill sets by working on challenging machine learning research problems. You will work closely with one of our experienced research scientists to find and define a problem statement and objectives relevant to one of our external or internal development initiatives, conduct research and development, and report on your findings over the course of a 3-month engagement. You will be compensated commensurate with weekly time commitment. You will work collaboratively with our research scientists and our development engineers on a challenge that will have a direct impact on the business and our customers. You will stretch your capabilities, acquire new skills, make a difference, meet new people, and have some fun along the way.
We are looking for undergraduate students who are:
- Passionate about machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Familiar with and interested in learning more about deep-learning, classification, tracking, natural language processing, image processing, Bayesian inference
- Eager to take a hands-on approach to solving problems
- Curious about the underlying domain physics of a problem space
- Effective communicators of technical concepts and research
What do we offer?
- Competitive internship compensation for hours worked
- Flexible work schedule
- Rewarding, varied, and intellectually stimulating work
- Work alongside and learn from experienced subject matter experts in AI/ML
- Work on challenging and meaningful technical problems
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org